Gear switch

wraith

Ok, being a sad old git (I'm 50 now xD) of

I'm using a set of gsx750es clocks on my ET project with a b12 motor in it ;) and I was thinking, as the clocks have a gear position indicator in them how could I get them to work with the b12 motor??

Has anybody any ideas?

Use the gear indicator 'switch' fitted to 750 and 100 ET's - I believe they are different sizes / diameter hole in cases and not sure which one its the Bandit - it replaces the std. neutral 'switch'........

Part# 37720-45100 is 750 ET type

Part# 37720-09300 is 1100ET type

The 750 is about $77 whereas the 1100 is nearer $50 - amazingly still available in the USA! Or you could mod your own Bandit one - you'll see the wear track on the rear side - lowest next to existing pin is 1st, furthest wear spot is 5th with 2nd 3rd & 4th equally spaced between! Drill, glue in brass buttons and solder wires to outside side.

Edited by Gixer1460
  • Like 1

scott did just this mod on his gsxr engined race bike, iirc he used an efe gear sender unit. ive been looking for one for my gsxr kat (the new clocks i got have a setting for gears so i thought i may as well use it) and i bought a new one from suzuki germany. i'll let you know when (if) it arrives.

Edited by johnr
  • Like 2