additional oiling

I have never ridden an oil cooled bike at the track, but am about to do so with my 1109 slingshot.

I have seen a lot of extra plumbing in pics of top-notch bikes over the years, and wondering what some recommendations are for additional "cooling" without addition of a cooler.

I recently read a comment in another post saying "do not connect cam-link to cam cover or you lose pressure".

What are the correct things to do? Is there an easy way to provide more oil flow around my engine? Do I need this for a road-course machine?

PICS?

TIA

There's plenty of oil flow around the engine, but keeping it cool can be a problem when used continuously hard. A second cooler is the best way to go as per several posts on here in the past - I like the oil cooler from a gsxr1000 mounted below the original cooler method - neat and does the job. Linking the higher pressure system to the lower pressure (the cooling system) isn't the best idea - liquid/gases will always take the path of least resistance, so the net result will be to lower the higher pressure system, which is used for the bearings etc !! - better to use synthetic and extra cooler.  A few track regulars on here use this method to help control the heat, it works.

• Like 1

Ultimately if you want to stay / get cooler . . . . . . . . drive slower / use less rev's. Going fast needs HP . . . . HP = heat, can't have one without the other.

If you make more heat than stock, then you need more cooling area or same area cooled longer. An additional cooler addresses both points - no downsides!