Fuel Tank sealer

Right I'm sure most of you are going to say get it welded up propperly but are fuel tank sealers any good?

I have a heavily modified tank so cant just swap it.

at 2 points fuel is seaping through. I left fuel in for 2 weeks and it's not dripping just moist around the welds and really want to get the bike finished, is it worth using a sealer?

The general consensus on here is that POR 15 is the best tank sealant (question arises regularly, including from me in the past). I lined a small tank with it last year and it works well. Buy the kit with the primer and all the preparation chemicals. It's not cheap but decent stuff that works properly rarely is:) It may be prudent to examine in detail why your tank is leaking as you may have to have some holes braised first after rust removal before lining.

11 hours ago, Dezza said:

The general consensus on here is that POR 15 is the best tank sealant (question arises regularly, including from me in the past). I lined a small tank with it last year and it works well. Buy the kit with the primer and all the preparation chemicals. It's not cheap but decent stuff that works properly rarely is:) It may be prudent to examine in detail why your tank is leaking as you may have to have some holes braised first after rust removal before lining.

Inside of the tank is practically rust free it's just in 2 spots where new metal has been welded in to make it fit that it's seeping.

Yes I can take it back but he is that bloody slow it will probably be a year before I get it back.

12 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Braze over - use someone local or DIY solder could be an option?

my father in law sealed a tank for me that i had welded a bung into but couldn't quite seal,  couple of minutes and it was sorted using his plumbing torch and solder, not sure what flux he used but the tanks been fine for about 6 years now 

• 2 weeks later...