Shorter rear ended for a mk1 bandit

Would like a new rear end for my mk1 (chopping and welding isn’t an issue)

who has any inspiration for me? A shorter rear end would be better I think. I have an r1 rear end to go on but I’m now thinking it’s a bit too long and would look weird if the swingarm wasn’t extended. 

Any my feedback would be great! Thanks 

It took me ages to find something that wasn't A. To long B. To wide , nothing worse than a seat unit that's wider than the frame/ tank when view fro the rear C. Not angular , a bandit has rounded lines so a modern seat unit doesn't suit them D. That hadn't been done to death.  I'd look to mid 90's bikes  some of the smaller stuff as well as some of the Chinese bikes maybe 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Something else, I noticed that after I finished my bike, when my bike is on the side stand, the "arch" of the frame, gap between frame and rear wheel, is quite evenly.

Also the curve of the rear tire and the rear end is quite even, it's those little details what makes it look good imo. That's something I noticed afterwards, that happened accidently to be honest.

I would mind taking a picture with what I mean, but I think I can't capture that nicely..

2 hours ago, bluedog59 said:

That is a very nice job, ticks all the boxes perfectly. It's one of the few I've see where it actually looks like it could have been made that way. Laverda 650 ?

One of those models , 668 ,750. Seems like everyone has slight differences