Hyabusa gen 1 wheel into slingy 1100 arm?

Allspeeds

Good luck trying to get the sprocket offset sorted, 10mm difference between oil cooled and busa/TL/srad/k-series wheels. 

Can be done on 5.5 wheels, think chain run will be touch and go on 6"

And personally if your planning on big power and torque I wouldnt trust the thin dymag carrier area and silly little doughnut cush drives to be up to the task, especially if machined down

Edited by MeanBean49

I recently put a 6 inch back wheel in a bike, which had a similar design sprocket carrier as a Dymag wheel. The offset needed reducing but the design of the carrier meant that the face could not be reduced much at all so in the end I ended up having a new carrier of a different design made. The problem is that a Dymag wheel (newer design) and many other race wheels have six M10 allen bolts scewed into the hub and the sprocket carrier cush drives sit on the heads of these bolts. The amount the bolts protrude from the hub plus a few mill then sets the inner limit for the chain run unless there is enough metal on the wheel hub itself to enable enough of a reduction.

Edited by Dezza
  • Like 1