Clocks Mod

6 hours ago, Blubber said:

Not sure why...but i did this..years ago 

Others just fitted newer clocks or even aftermarket ones, just to suit their taste at that moment.

My point... Just do what you like...it's your bike.

I was thinking of making a new housing, just shaving of the fat and bulk of the thing but keep the internals as is.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, ZenViking said:

I was thinking of making a new housing, just shaving of the fat and bulk of the thing but keep the internals as is.

The internals are bulky as well. (That's why the housing is so large the size it is).

If you want to create something smaller, then you need to swap the oldskool/analog gauges and warning lights for more compact digital/modern versions.

Don't butcher a decent set of EF clocks as they are getting fairly difficult to find. It's more cost effective to replace the whole lot if you do not like them, and then flog the originals to someone who needs a set. They can go for serious dosh (£100+) especially mph ones. Many owners (correctly) rate the clocks as integral to the identity of an EF that still has a (broadly) stock look, in the same way as that bloody great headlight:)

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Don't butcher a decent set of EF clocks as they are getting fairly difficult to find. It's more cost effective to replace the whole lot if you do not like them, and then flog the originals to someone who needs a set. They can go for serious dosh (£100+) especially mph ones. Many owners (correctly) rate the clocks as integral to the identity of an EF that still has a (broadly) stock look, in the same way as that bloody great headlight:)

I'm a bit on the fence on this one. I agree the clocks ar integral for the stock look and want to keep the project semi stock, but the clocks and that lighthouse in the front is too big for my taste. I will probably end up swapping the clocks for something newer and digital/semi-digital.

I just wanted to see if someone in here had any experience with reducing the size of the clocks, and or recommend me not to bother with the mod. 

Thanks

Perhaps an unexpected advantage of the bulky stock EFE clocks and housing to take into consideration, is that on unfaired bikes it does offer some wind protection/deflection! Not as much as a small (Katana) windscreen, but still noticeably so. Especially if you tuck in tightly behind it.

• Like 1
On 1/9/2019 at 12:45 AM, wraith said:

Have you thought about the likes of gsx750es clocks?

still oldskool and are smaller.

I think if i choose not to use the original instruments I will be going to the opposite side of the spectrum and as small as possible. Either aftermarket motogadget or newer GSXR.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...