GSXR 1100 1986 OIl Cooler

Spirit

IMO - minimum 19 row and std. Mocal Width (235mm) and Dash 10 hoses. Will deal with mod'd engine, used on my turbo but had to keep moving or it got bloody hot. Better would be 19 row and wide (340mm) width for a bit of insurance, I think EARLS do them - but you can run into fork - cooler interference ........... pays yer money and takes yer choice! 

All depends in engine spec, a stock motor will be fine on a little 9 or 10 row aftermarket one, they still have better cooling capacity than a standard cooler.

I have a 19 row 330mm wide and a seperate 10 row 330mm wide one for the head. Both on -8an lines, Having a head cooler makes a massive difference on tuned/turbo motors especially for track day use

3 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

All depends in engine spec, a stock motor will be fine on a little 9 or 10 row aftermarket one, they still have better cooling capacity than a standard cooler.

I have a 19 row 330mm wide and a seperate 10 row 330mm wide one for the head. Both on -8an lines, Having a head cooler makes a massive difference on tuned/turbo motors especially for track day use

Have to agree to disagree with the small recommendation, especially when you use a combination total 3x as big on your bike  ! ! !

15 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Have to agree to disagree with the small recommendation, especially when you use a combination total 3x as big on your bike  ! ! !

Mine is far from a stock motor! Pretty sure Suzuki did there maths right when they designed the cooling system, so any great increase in cooling capacity over stock size on a stock motor is always going to be overkill and potentially detrimental

My personal opinion on oil boiler cooling is you really can't get enough if you read about Yoshi development They really struggled with heat and this was during the race. Curved rads work better radtec proved this with Rand D think with Triumph but don't quote me on manufacturer may got that bit mixed up. Mr Bean making good numbers with his system so got to take note of that too, mines making good power N.A. with stock oil cooler and extra head cooler with real high compression it gets dam hot but don't think suffer with over heat, but if riding on road which try to avoid then try to avoid traffic of shut it down. 

15 hours ago, jonny1bump said:

My personal opinion on oil boiler cooling is you really can't get enough if you read about Yoshi development They really struggled with heat and this was during the race. Curved rads work better radtec proved this with Rand D think with Triumph but don't quote me on manufacturer may got that bit mixed up. Mr Bean making good numbers with his system so got to take note of that too, mines making good power N.A. with stock oil cooler and extra head cooler with real high compression it gets dam hot but don't think suffer with over heat, but if riding on road which try to avoid then try to avoid traffic of shut it down. 

Riding in traffic or slow round town is always the problem, will always get really hot and cooler size with no airflow doesn't really make much of a difference, an electric fan would be more use than a bigger cooler, I just avoid real slow speed ad best as possible, or turn motor off where I can.

I always found when racing you can feel when the power begins to taper off as they get too hot, I made my cooler slightly bigger until power stayed pretty constant for a full race, just means more time warming up before starting.