bandit dot head

vmax

4 minutes ago, 370steve said:

Cheers for that dunc :),  but not looking for "all out" top end power,  I was going to fit the Bandit cams to keep the mid range so dont think i will have valve clearance probs.

I'd still stick with the Bandit head. 

If you want midrange torque, you've bought the wrong carbs. Coz I like you I'll give you £350 for them. ;) 

Seriously, with the Wiseco pistons stick with the Bandit head.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

If you want midrange torque, you've bought the wrong carbs. Coz I like you I'll give you £350 for them. ;) 

:stop: :P

5 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

Seriously, with the Wiseco pistons stick with the Bandit head.

Get the bandit head skimmed to up the compression ? would have a Dot head to move on then :) (y)

Edited by 370steve
  • Like 1
On 22/01/2018 at 11:47 AM, dupersunc said:

You need to check your zues book. ;D

1mm = 0.040"

As has been said. Dot head has a small chamber and more critically the valves are approx 3mm or 0.120" longer than bandit valves so the head of the valve starts closer to the piston even when it's closed.

Damn. When  I bent my dot head exhaust valves I just threw in the ones from my B12 head. Didn't know they were different. Clearances  checked out OK so I'm wondering what I should do now.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Roger P. said:

Damn. When  I bent my dot head exhaust valves I just threw in the ones from my B12 head. Didn't know they were different. Clearances  checked out OK so I'm wondering what I should do now.

I didn't realise till I tried the same. You could end up with the valve springs going coil bound.

Didn't check if the Bandit and Dot head springs are different.

• Like 1