Bandit 12 neutral switch?

Hi guys and gals,

Ok nice simple one, out of the 4 wires that go the neutral light switch on my 02 bandit 12 motor, what do i need to make it work with my single connection on my GSXR750K loom.

And what are the others for? could they be of use for gear based boost for example in lower gears. Googled pictures of them and tried to find out some hard facts but to no real outcome.

Anyone care to clarify what all the functions are, referenced to the wire colours?

Cheers Peeps

I would but it's already built in behind my outrigger bearing plate and offset sprocket,  so was kinda hoping someone had already worked it out.

Ok then put bike in neutrel and use a meter to find the one that is continuious to earth....

But as Captain Chaos said blue is often netural on suzuki switch

here's en put bike in neutrel and use a meter to find the one that is continuious to earth....

But as Captain Chaos said blue is often netural on suzuki switch

yep, allready tried that as well, all wires to ground and to each other in first, neutral and second gears, but no definitive reading.  

From what I have seven, the bandit ones have a centre contact which I think is the black wire, blue may be neutral and the other 2 I think are 1st and 2nd gear  used for the ignition.  But that's cool if no one knows I'll pull it apart again and find out and report back.

Edited by slingy1157
typo

Right...... went back out and had another look at all this and realised something rather STUPID on my part!

I had put the gearbox lever on upside down so i was checking between 5th, a false neutral and 4th! IDIOT.

So, reversed the linkage and retested it all to find out the following.

To use with a gsxr loom, cut the plug off the bandit neutral light switch and:

• Ground the black wire (this seems to be the common centre pin of the switch)
  • Blue is indeed the neutral possition, so this can be connected to the neutral light wire of the GSXR loom.
  • Red (i have herd of this called the wheely wire on some forums) this indicates 2nd gear possition 
  • Green indicates 3rd gear

Right a bit happier know, it all makes a bit more sense when your in the right possition in the gearbox haha

just remember now (what a nights good sleep can do) that on my 2nd gen. B12 engined bike with Slingy loom, I connected the blue wire from the switch to the blue wire from the loom and it worked. Nothing else needs connecting or modifying.

Cheers CC.

Good sleep is indeed a head clearer as is tea lol