How big?

Swiss Toni

If you do the 1370 busa pistons in stock block do all your deck height checks and then machine the block before you put the 1127 liners in ( think it's 75thou or 1.9mm from memory) keeps the top lip nice and thick also liner stays as long as possible. I got a cometic fiber head gasket from them much better than copper for the road. (y)

Edited by Cheeky4648
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Cheeky4648 said:

If you do the 1370 busa pistons in stock block do all your deck height checks and then machine the block before you put the 1127 liners in ( think it's 75thou or 1.9mm from memory)

Depends if they're 18 or 20mm pin. The 18mm 2nd gen slugs need somewhere around 3mm off the block.

Got nothing yet, pistonwise, Cheeky. Just testing the water before I jump in buying stuff. I'd be using the stock 1100 ET rods, not the 1150's, although I might have to  go with the Gen2 Busa pistons,  to suit the 18mm ET rods. Forgot about that! There's a guy in last months PSB with a nice ET that's been bored to 1260! On here, by any chance?

Edited by Swiss Toni
Speeling!
  • Like 1

If you are keeping the 1100 rods then gen 2 busa it is. You can do a 1260 in a stock 1150 block but it leaves the liner reeeeely thin plus trying to get a set of 1260 pistons with 18mm pins may be hard to do, mtc list them but thin liner on road bike :|  77mm 1230 pistons are available and will bore into an 1150 block no prob. 

Edited by Cheeky4648
Damn phone!!
  • Like 1