1127 slugs in 1052 barrels capacity increase?

• 1 month later...

If you are going to bore out your 1052 block, imo not worth the exercise. By the time you pay for block machining, rings, 1127 pistons, gaskets, etc..... Better off getting a 1127 block (cheap) and 81mm kit. Will yield 1186, from memory, at not too much more cost. Difference, you will notice....You will need to bore your cases to fit,  I've done it before with a dremel, easier than it looks

Edited by george 1100

If you are going to bore out your 1052 block, imo not worth the exercise. By the time you pay for block machining, rings, 1127 pistons, gaskets, etc..... Better off getting a 1127 block (cheap) and 81mm kit. Will yield 1186, from memory, at not too much more cost. Difference, you will notice....You will need to bore your cases to fit,  I've done it before with a dremel, easier than it looks

for me I do have a friend tht can rebore barrles and I have two sets of 1127 pistons and rings so I'm thinking it will cost me the cost of a gasket set and a drink for my mate hehe. 

Edited by banditman
  • Like 1