Ok f#cked up need advice....now drinking!

Clutch is out for high flow oil pump gears... started to install them today when I realised my APE clutch hub nut has not turned up.

So I left that job as it was......................

Decided to wire in my new bandit switch gear, so far so good. Then I wanted to test the new wired in switch gear, which i did.

Only turned it over half a dozen times... with one full spin..

Then I saw aluminium swarf... like someone had gone to town in side my engine. FUCK... clutch hub was loose and turning over the motor testing the start switch was not a good idea.

How the hell do I clean this up? No engine oil in the motor.

All the shinny stuff is aluminium... on the crank and gear... that is about it

I know none of this shit would have made in to the crank bearings so i am thinking Vaseline and cotton buds to get as much as I can and screw driver. I have remove the sump. Can i spray something to flush it out?

What a fucker!!!

20170721_204337.jpg

20170721_204313.jpg

you can see shit on the top of the crank on the left

20170721_204447.jpg

20170721_204517.jpg

Edited by Dukeman

Cheaper option would be Paraffin. Put it in a spray bottle and go mad. And I mean MAD!!! You need loads of fluid in there. I had a problem along the same lines. I dropped the sump of my 1127 motor to find lumps of the starter motor cover in it. 13 bits, to be precise! There appeared to be no damage, but once the seed's been planted...full strip! The more time you spend now in getting the swarf out,the better. If, on the other hand, the motor's previously had oil in it, and  not waiting for fresh oil after a rebuild, I'd personally strip and wash it all out again! I know it's expensive, and a pain in the arse, but...can you live with it?

Lots of luck! (y)

Edited by Swiss Toni

Yea... just touching the starter button.... not actually starting the engine. 

no fuel involved.

Just spent an hour slowly turning over the motor and used stretched cotton buds to clean the teeth of the gears and stripped wire dipped in oil to get down the sides.

8 beers later its looking a lot better, but there will be small speck left. But it looks 99% better than it did..

So spray lot inside to flush out, drop the screen I think and when I get it going a quick oil and filter change.!

Note to Self - If you have to stop something half way through or end of day / weekend / whatever, stick a strip of masking tape over the ign switch / clocks with 'NO OIL' or NO CLUTCH' or 'NO START'.written on it. It does help - unbelievably I know someone who rolled a bike off the centre stand with no back wheel in it ! ! ! Oh how we laughed cos stupidity knows no boundaries!

Edited by Gixer1460
  • Like 5