K&N/Ramair Filter swap, jet change?

Kasweld

3 hours ago, boilerdude said:

You may call individuals filters 'pods' but in 'Gods Own Country', and the home of streetfightered modified bikes but Duals are called Pods!

right anyway the cs-901 is the suzuki standard I believe. But these do also work. http://www.Eblag.com/itm/RAMAIR-PERFORMANCE-AIR-FILTERS-MS-017-YAMAHA-YZF750-FCR41-FITMENT-NEW-/350638602477 

I went with those for a tighter stretch fit around the stacks. But the larger outer dimensions mean they look funny stuffed into the frame and my knees are slowly rubbing through them. So I deduced the previosly posted 901 probably fits and stays on there just fine and are a slimmer profile for fitting into the bike. 

I havent really googled it to check how people use the word in a sentence. Thats just what I thought I knew. I reckon he's probably right and I stand corrected. But I still dont know what a teapot is though. I drink my tea brewed in a giant tank somewhere in atlanta georgia from the coca cola company. Probably loaded with dodgy preservatives and tap water. Like a civilized human being.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, boilerdude said:

right anyway the cs-901 is the suzuki standard I believe. But these do also work. http://www.Eblag.com/itm/RAMAIR-PERFORMANCE-AIR-FILTERS-MS-017-YAMAHA-YZF750-FCR41-FITMENT-NEW-/350638602477 

I went with those for a tighter stretch fit around the stacks. But the larger outer dimensions mean they look funny stuffed into the frame and my knees are slowly rubbing through them. So I deduced the previosly posted 901 probably fits and stays on there just fine and are a slimmer profile for fitting into the bike. 

So would these still need the jets changing in your opinion 

I actually dont know. It's the way Ive had my bst38s from the get go. havent tried k&ns back to back on the same carbs yet.

But I believe my 38s with bandit rubber stacks and ramair seems to respond better than I could ever get it to with stock b12 carbs with k&ns and dyno jet kit.

Edited by boilerdude

right. my bad. Yes if you are removing the airbox you will want the apropriate stage 3 (or stage 2 depending on which brand and what they call their open filter kit...).

Between running the ramair with stacks setup or k&ns is little difference. You're still going to want to start with either a kit or if you're going from scratch route then yes what he said ^^^ you will indeed need bigger mains at the least.

35 minutes ago, boilerdude said:

right. my bad. Yes if you are removing the airbox you will want the apropriate stage 3 (or stage 2 depending on which brand and what they call their open filter kit...).

Between running the ramair with stacks setup or k&ns is little difference. You're still going to want to start with either a kit or if you're going from scratch route then yes what he said ^^^ you will indeed need bigger mains at the least.

So if I said I'm putting the twin ramair ones on what would you suggest to start with set up after that 

thanks 

Personally I've found looking at what mains are in jet kits for the bike/mods and starting around there. You can then save a lot of time by then getting it on a dyno to get advice on how to tweak it to get it right.

Different bike (but still a 750) and different carbs completely (flatslides) however approx 30% bigger on mains was where I started for mine with individual k&ns and a loud full system.

• Like 2