Gsf 600/814

Goo'Roo

Hello to everyone, quick question.

I have several oil cooled parts but not complete engines apart a very fresh gsf600 and I'm building a Bandit 6/something as a city/beer commuter

Do you know if the 750dot cylinder block fit the gsf600 case? Or shall I find a gsx750 non dot block and rebore to fit the 73mm dot pistons?

What about the head? Dot or standard gsx750f?

Yep, the short strokers have a 20mm small end/pin diameter. The B also has a 4mm longer stroke, so a spacer would need to be used to lift the block. The 600 motor is based on the long stroke 750s with 70mm bore, the 73mm bore and wider liners of the short stroke may mean the cases need to be opened up to fit them in - not done this so someone might confirm this.

theres an article on page 2 of "the vault" titled frankenstein...... below is a quote from it

2. A 750R-90 or 750R-91 top end on a B6.
It’s actually very easy, and I think all the info you need is above. Both engines have the same
stroke, same wrist pin diameter. Theoretically, it would be possible to put only 750 cylinders
and pistons on a B6. However, the pistons are designed to fit the 750 head and since that also
fits, why not install a 750 head as well (with bigger valves). Since the B6 has another cam chain
the B6 cam chain tensioner, cam sprockets, cam chain guides and B6 valve cover need to be
used. Then there are 2 options: either go for a 750R-90 top end, which uses forked rockers
like the B6 does (so it’s possible to use either the B6 cams or the 750R cams), or go for a
750R-91 top end, which uses another type of rockers so it is not possible to keep the B6 camshafts.

1 hour ago, richyrich said:

theres an article on page 2 of "the vault" titled frankenstein...... below is a quote from it

2. A 750R-90 or 750R-91 top end on a B6.
It’s actually very easy, and I think all the info you need is above. Both engines have the same
stroke, same wrist pin diameter. Theoretically, it would be possible to put only 750 cylinders
and pistons on a B6. However, the pistons are designed to fit the 750 head and since that also
fits, why not install a 750 head as well (with bigger valves). Since the B6 has another cam chain
the B6 cam chain tensioner, cam sprockets, cam chain guides and B6 valve cover need to be
used. Then there are 2 options: either go for a 750R-90 top end, which uses forked rockers
like the B6 does (so it’s possible to use either the B6 cams or the 750R cams), or go for a
750R-91 top end, which uses another type of rockers so it is not possible to keep the B6 camshafts.

That applies to the long stroke 750 motor, not the short stroke dot motor.