79 gs1000e issues

SoUrPuSs

I'm having issues with the carbs bike starts on starter fluid and will run for a couple min on prime but won't run with the petcock turned to on position when I got the bike the bike had no lines to the carb could anyone tell me where the vacuum line from the tanks petcock goes? And does then second line on the tank plug in anywhere or is that just a breather?

35 minutes ago, SoUrPuSs said:

Thanks man I definitely had the vacuumed plugged into the wrong one 

There's no wrong vacuum take off to connect to. But number 2 is probably nearest the tap.  Any of the 4 carbs can be used.  The other 3 vacuum take offs are missing their rubber bungs and causing air leaks on the other 3 cylinders (assuming you didn't take the bungs off before you took the pic). Bungs only come off so you can attach carb balancers to them when synchronising the carbs. The vacuum pulls on a rubber diaphragmram inside the tap to open it internally so the fuel can free fall (like on prime) Shut the motor off and the diaphragm shuts and stops the fuel flow. ;)

4 hours ago, Jaydee said:

There's no wrong vacuum take off to connect to. But number 2 is probably nearest the tap.  Any of the 4 carbs can be used.  The other 3 vacuum take offs are missing their rubber bungs and causing air leaks on the other 3 cylinders (assuming you didn't take the bungs off before you took the pic). Bungs only come off so you can attach carb balancers to them when synchronising the carbs. The vacuum pulls on a rubber diaphragmram inside the tap to open it internally so the fuel can free fall (like on prime) Shut the motor off and the diaphragm shuts and stops the fuel flow. ;)

No...only one vacuum take off on 26 mikunis

the other two are bowl vents....#1 carb has no outlet.

The cylinder head is tapped for vacuum hookup in order to do synchronization.

• Like 1