B12 clutch/gear box

wraith

I thought a bandit gearbox was basically the same as the later gsxr with undercut dogs and the wider output bearing . If the clutch is well worn and your thinking of the engine running more power than standard then may be good idea to upgrade to a gsxr clutch . I wouldn't have thought the steel plates were worn , I've managed to wear out loads of friction plates but not the steel ones .

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, wraith said:

Cheers all.

I heard the 1052 gsxr clutch's are the best and apart from as El-Retardo say, gsxr 750 2007 clutch's fit (never new that) which gsxr 1100 clutch or are any OK ?

you need the 1127 outer basket due to the amount of teeth on the drive gear . Think k7 750 you have to swap the drive gear for the original ?

If the Bandit engine is not too tuned the standard OEM clutch with one H/D spring will be fine, mine was renewed with new Suzuki fibers in 2008, its a 1216 with 150 ish rwhp and has been used mainly on track days, sprinting and National hill climb association events, its been fine and never slipped once, I might renew the fibres this winter if I get round to having a look inside..

I did price up all the bits for a gsxr conversion then thought, why bother with the extra expense when the standard bit works fine???:)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

If the Bandit engine is not too tuned the standard OEM clutch with one H/D spring will be fine, mine was renewed with new Suzuki fibers in 2008, its a 1216 with 150 ish rwhp and has been used mainly on track days, sprinting and National hill climb association events, its been fine and never slipped once, I might renew the fibres this winter if I get round to having a look inside..

I did price up all the bits for a gsxr conversion then thought, why bother with the extra expense when the standard bit works fine???:)

Cheers mate,

Got off that site a 97 gear box last night, but as the bottom end needs dropping going to strip the hole motor (as unknown mileage) put a new can chain etc, put a DOT head on and a set of gsxr1100k cams.

Be looking at it properly next week when off work and see why the clutch shaft has stripped??