katana 1100 colors

B2BC

did the 1100 kats come in any other colours apart from silver , silver/blue, silver/red

been offered a 1100 kat pristine condition  stock apart from the color being orange on bodywork blokes saying its factory paint?

for the price i couldn't give a shit if it was pink just awaiting to collect it now

what should i expect this bike to be worth few details 

imported into uk 87 kph clocks showing 17k 

all stock apart from color i guess

full documents runs 

Later jap market only models had a few variations in the colour schemes but I don't recall an orange version.

johnr will know for certain.

as for price....why do you need to know?

if it's to sell on for profit then forget the stupid stealer prices on auction sites cos they ain't real.

Edited by Nickydodds
  • 2 weeks later...

post pictures. if it is stock then the colours will help identify its orignal market of sale. but pricing is tricky, there are a lot of folk in the process of gettin g their fingers burned by paying big bucks for katanas because they are believing the hype that theyre all worth 10k. the reality is, a tidy 1100 of as yet unknown spec, if its tidy, then 2.5 to 3k, as a starting point, but price is affected by whether it is uk registered, and the presence of certain original and hard to replace components. so it could be worth a little more, its all relative mind. bikes are worth what someone is willing to pay.

not a stock colour, not by a mile. lol. but the silver bit on the back of the mudguard and the headlight surround looks similar to suzuki 13L silver. although that bit of the mudguard was usually black.
having said that, the 'snowflake' pattern wheels, the rubber footpegs (as opposed to ally with rubber tops) and the front engine mounting bolt heads visible on the outside of the frame, (later kats had these bolts in blind holes secured from the inner side without the heads shown on the outside)  denote this as an 1100sz rather than the later sd.
as for the paint, i can see it being a bit marmite. personally, i kinda like it, though id be getting the seat recovered to match it, or else (if its stock fabric, try and find a duff used one to recover, stock seats if covered with the original suede type material are fetching silly money at the moment). but thats a tidy bike. the paintwork would probably lend itself to something with more modern running gear, so you are faced with a dilema  if you buy, keep the bike stock and respray in the original colours, or else keep the paint and fit some modern forks wheels and brakes. thats your call, but in my opinion, and im no expert, thats worth £3k to £3.5k all day long.

• Like 1

yeah, its a bit more than id pay, but then im a tightwad and i suppose that these are getting more scarce by the year. i think that if you dont buy it, you will be kicking yourself later for the sake of 200 quid, and as nicky says, folks have recently on eblag paid not much less for bikes needing a lot more work.
17k km's is very low, just over 10 thousand miles, so it should be mechanically spot on, no rattles smoke or leaks, dont worry if it has a slight rattle/clatter at tickover that goes when you pull in the clutch, but perhaps more importantly, check that its charging ok, and if you buy it, get into the loom and alter the charging circuit so that all 3 generator phases go directly to the 3 input pases on the reg rec, as stock two go to the reg rec, one goes to the headlight switch and then back to the reg rec. this was never a good idea and in long term use can give problems, so change it whilst it works.