Gsxr1100 project subframe advice

Simpson90

54 minutes ago, Simpson90 said:

Does it look strong enough in your opinions?

That's all they'll be opinions.

I bought a fightered slingshot once and had a subby collapse on the back wheel. Luckly I had slowed down for a speed bump when it happened and managed the shift my weight to my feet before I stopped. So naturally I'm suspicious of projects/welding I don't  know history to.

Looks to me like 2 lengths of threaded rod fortified with an outer sleeve with the subframe connecting at the weak points. It's your arse on the line literally. I personally don't like it's design so it would be an easy option for me to get plugging in the grinder. If you are worrying about the subby now, how are you going to enjoy the ride if that's at the back of your mind?

Edited by Jaydee

10 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Looks strong enough, it just don't look too pretty or professional

That's a Ducati 916sp/sps/strada subframe, that's been cut and shut. :D   Worth a small fortune in un modified condition.

Subframe is fine.

The mount's that are welded to the frame need beefing up, they will break.    Please redesign them so they can be welded on properly.

25 minutes ago, Simpson90 said:

Looks like I might as well cut it off and start again. Find a welder local now 

Before you go looking for welder, take some time and have look in the projects section and do a bit of research on your plan of attack  A welder is not a designer, although a good welder will tell you if your design is strong enough to its job. Form follows function. ;)

• Like 3