Errr.. That will polish out. Oops.

Not quite why she went bang. Well, dint go bang as such. After my last trackday she were running good all tho i could only hit 124 mph down bently straight i suspected head gasket gone, rho no complaints as the engine had done well over 100,000 miles. Thought ok. Time for a refresh. Anyways, i rebuilt engine , new every thing, first test ride sounded lush. Pulled so much better and no flat spots. 

Anyways, just about run the old gal in after about 450 miles everything running lovely. As i pull out of a junction i heard a ticking noise then so as ya do flicked the kill button. Recovered bike in van and this were the result. Spark plug had no inner electrode and found one of the valve collects forged inside the valve retainer. 

Still dont know why she broke but hey its part of the fun, yes? Only cost i lost wes the cost off complete gasket set at £66. 

This happened in may this year. 

1 hour ago, teltwosheds said:

well I reckon it was the spark plug, seen it happen on a few 2 strokes years back. Sure glad it's not a common occurance .

Haha. Yeah them were the days, eh.

Do miss them strokers. At least they were fairly easy and quick to repair.

Oh and push when they broke down!!!xD

• 2 weeks later...