750 oil boiler in GS frame advice needed

Swirl

So what in particular would you like to know? I've got an 1100efe lump in my '78 750. The only thing I would say is that the 750 frame is made to take a very big motor and those oilboilers are quite compact. it will look quite small in the space.

The mounting itself is fairly easy. There are drawings on here somewhere for the mounts. I'm sure someone will post... ;)

jonny

I seen some drawings for a gsx frame with an oil boiler nothing for a gs as yet, Ash has mentioned the chain run if the engine is to far forward, and I'm aware of if to far back you need to extend the exhaust is there a compromise without trial and error

I didn't have a problem with either, but then it is a different engine. I am running a 530 chain with a 180 rear tyre. I needed a 5/8 offset front sprocket and needed the rear sprocket carrier machine down. Had no exhaust issues. but my engine sits a long way forwards as I used the orignal GS front mounts.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

I fitted a B12 motor to my 77 GS frame using the GS lower rear engine mounting as the datum point for the engine placement, no big problem with making engine mountings, yes the engine sits back in the frame (better for chain/swing arm alignment i found) and exhaust adapters were needed for header clearance, but if you are getting an exhaust made then they wont be needed.