No spark

I have some troble with my GSX 750 ET there i is no spark anymore, When i picked up the bike ther was no problem . but after the winter 

and with power on the accu its dead .

Problem is one of the former owner have done a lot wirering work but he has used alot of yellow and blue wire.

Have not tryed to fix it for month now because there is no head and tail in it .

The starter runs fine and there is power on the accu.

But those 2 conections to the coils ther is 2 wires in the one and onle one in the other and ther is a pice of wire in the connection

Hope that someone can point me in the right way, before i paint it blue an and drop it into the sea

Best Martin 

7 hours ago, Big-Daddy said:

But those 2 conections to the coils ther is 2 wires in the one and onle one in the other and ther is a pice of wire in the connection

Well.. That should tell you enough.. Obviously with only having the one coil fully connected that would make sparks impossible.. 9_9 The other coil should produce sparks though..

Check the wiring connections between parts  with a multimeter and reinstall the missing coil wire.. Turn on ignition and check for power on one of the wires (normally orange +white tracer) of each coil..

Also..  rtfm2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

If someone has had a go at wiring it is probably worth going through the whole ignition side, which is quite straight forward with the wiring diagram, signal generator to igniter to coils is not a lot of wires, print the circuit out and colour the to and from of the wires and meter them out. Spending the time to sort the basics out first can prevent hours of chasing later

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...