Dynojet kits

Rsk_141

If everything is indeed DynoJet Stg3, I would see if you can get a copy of the initial setup sheet or instructions. I've installed several DynoJet kits and have had few, if any problems, with the initial setup. It always helps to go back to basics and baselines, then make one change at a time. Typically, I'll install the smallest main jets that came with the kit, set the fuel screws at the recommended settings, install the jet needles at the baseline setting. I'll start tuning by dropping the needles until drivability suffers. If it is already being fussy, I'll still drop the needles to confirm whether it is indeed lean or rich. If it gets worse, it is already lean. If it gets better, then it was too rich. I always shoot for just enough needle height above being too lean. Once that is settled, then I'll start to see how little fuel screw I'll need to maintain a smooth idle. On my 86 GSXR750, using 87 34mm carbs, it would idle fine and carburate with as little as a 1/2 turn of screw. I save the main jet for last, and usually will make that decision with the help of the drag strip.

• Like 2