It's quite a common thing for TL's to be bad starters or runners if one or both of the plugs aren't 100%.

Change your plugs and while you have the leads out I'd pull the HT caps off and have a look for any corrosion on the threaded part where it joins the lead. Snip 5-10mm off the lead and screw the Cap back on. I've heard stories about them not liking irridium plugs too, but I've used them for years with no trouble. Check your coil connections as the 12v feed and signal cables corrode too.

If you do have a bad coil give me a shout as i have a spare.

Edited by Matt-Man
typo
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TL's seem when in good order to put 12.4-8 volts back to the battery so on an older bike it's less , barely giving you enough cranking power. There's a charging mod for TL's which gives you 13.5 back to the battery , once done starting becomes pretty easy. I've just resurrected mine after 3 plus years and now it's either first or second prod of the starter again. You'll have to google the mod but it was on the TL zone

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...