GSX1100G query

Hi, can anyone tell me what the total fuel capacity is in the petrol tank of my 1992 GSX1100G shaft drive? Since buying it last year I've never had to put more than £10 worth of petrol in it to fill it and when the gauge shows empty another £10 fills it again, that's just over 2 gallons at the filling station I use. I'm pretty sure that a big petrol tank like this should hold a lot more than 2 gallons, so does anyone know what it should hold? The other question I have is can anyone tell me which position is which on the large fuel tap dial which is mounted in the bodywork on the kerbside, it can point up, which I guess is the reserve position, or to the back of the bike, which I think is the off position and down which I think is the on position, I don't want to risk going to reserve in case it's used the last drop. Thanks in advance for any advice, cheers Steve.

Safe to say......................don't trust the gauge! You've probably got nearly 5 gallons main tank so i'd brim the tank and zero the trip and ride as normal - its got to do 40-45 miles / gallon so a potential range of 200-225 miles whilst still tap is 'on' but you really need to establish 'on' and 'reserve' for peace of mind - sorry can't help you there!