Japanese model Katana airbox - restricions?

I was recommended to refit the airbox to my Katana to try help sort fuelling issues. I understand CV type carbs dont like pod type filters. Something in the back of my mind says one of the areas of power restriction on Japanese market Katana was the airbox.

Is this correct? If so anything me and Mr Dremel can do to sort that?

not sure that the japanese home market katanas were restricted. the way the japanese restrict folks from riding bikes with too much power is to have a ridiculously complex stepped licencing system. the japanese tended to fit speed warning lights on the clocks rather than actually cut the power. on the few markets that had power limits i think they restricted them using smaller bore outlet holes in the end of the silencers and smaller jets in the carbs.

I think they restricted in a number of ways but they are well down on power compared to UK/Europe models. Electronically they restrict via the ECU which we replaced with Dyna system. Exhaust and inlet apparently are also restricted. Exhaust has long gone and cams were replaced but i have UK spec CV carbs with K&N pod filters. I think the carbs were off an EFE. I was told CV carbs are impossible to set up and balance properly without being linked via the airbox. I do have the Japanese airbox.