Symptoms of a dropped valve

Foz

What would the symptoms be of a dropped valve ? I was out earlier on my bandit 12 and after a blast along a long straight it seemed to feel as though the bike had dropped onto 3 1/2 cylinders ,the bike still got me home and still ticked over  /started ok. I've the Checked plugs etc and all is fine , the bike seems to rev cleanly now it's back in the garage. I don't know if it's something wrong with the fuelling due to the rs38's nor quite being set up as yet or whether it's perhaps one valve that's gone out of clearance or worse still a bent valve.  The head is ported and flowed with heavy duty valve springs and gsxr cams but wouldn't have thought that would have been an issue

A compression tester would tell you if you have a compression issue ( which you would expect if it was a valve) If you dont have markedly lower compression on any one cylinder you can rule out a valve. If you have a much lower compression figure on one pot a leak down test would confirm it was a valve and not a ring. Its a sure fire way of ruling out the issue you have raised.