max ET bore

Hello guys n girls, I'm a Newby to the site. I'm in the process of putting a funny bike back on the track. I've not got much experience with the gsx motors so need a little advise. Question 1 of many no doubt, how far can you take stock ET liners out to, are they the same as efe 1260cc? And if anyone has any tuning parts cluttering up there shed give me a shout. :tu

Do you still have the original engine and what size was or is it ?, and like said standard sleeves only bore out to 1166cc, but standard barrel can be bored to take bandit 1200 sleeves and then 82mm 1395cc, if you have big block different ball game all-together. 

6 hours ago, kiwi said:

Do you still have the original engine and what size was or is it ?, and like said standard sleeves only bore out to 1166cc, but standard barrel can be bored to take bandit 1200 sleeves and then 82mm 1395cc, if you have big block different ball game all-together. 

It's on standard bore at mo. But 1395 sounds interesting! Do the sleeves need cutting down or are they a straight in after boring 

Duckndive  (clive) is the man to message and ask, if you look in OSS Members projects  section under Another EFE he's just putting one of his together, he's possibly done most variations or configurations to the air cooled motors, i have a gsx bigblock but they are prone to overheating on road use, so i am currently having modified set of standard barrels done with bandit liners, can use gsxr1100 liners but bandit slightly thicker but which ever you use crankcases have to be bored out to suit,  and iv'e now got a ex Pip Higham ported head with lovely Big valves which will be used.

But my understanding is your better running welded crank and you'll need to uprate clutch and you'll need to go external oil lines for head, but like said ask clive 

hope this helps

Edited by kiwi
cos i can