does anyone know what size and model this motor is from

Slingshot 749 cc with shims probably. Can't see a dot cast into the side of the cylinder block, it would help if I could see the clutch cover.

600s and 750Fs had the clutch cable on the sprocket cover.

6 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Sprocket cover is from Slingshot 750. Rocker cover looks like it's from a '91/'92 (US) GSX-R 750, the one with shims.

I checked and all the slingshot 750s had the same valve cover, at least they all had the same discontinued part number when I looked.

Thanks For the info. thought it might have been a 600 as the last picture a saw of one of these with a 750 engine seemed massive,this has been done so well you cant tell there has been frame modedimage.thumb.jpeg.3cb71be682853e4cb0faa338d61f14b3.jpeg

Edited by gazza49
17 minutes ago, gazza49 said:

here is another example engine appearance looks bigger ?gsxr47.thumb.jpg.aa1566ede68e61753b6499cbdf500966.jpg

I think it's just that you can see the engine rather than it being hidden by the fairing lowers and the first bike is a black on black colour scheme whereas the second one the silver engine jumps out visually

Edited by DAZ
Bleeding predictive text
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

I checked and all the slingshot 750s had the same valve cover, at least they all had the same discontinued part number when I looked.

the '91 (and US '92) has small cast in "lines" on the sides, I think where foam (glued in the fairing panels) is touching it. My '88 and '90 did not have that.

And as far as I know the short stroke 750 has a different rocker cover which does not fit on the long strokers. Discontinued part numbers don't mean a lot with Suzuki.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

the '91 (and US '92) has small cast in "lines" on the sides, I think where foam (glued in the fairing panels) is touching it. My '88 and '90 did not have that.

And as far as I know the short stroke 750 has a different rocker cover which does not fit on the long strokers. Discontinued part numbers don't mean a lot with Suzuki.

I think I know the lines you're talking about on the sides of the cover. I'll need to check if I still have a short stroke valve cover, if I do I'll try throwing it on my 92 some time.

Yeah, Suzuki loves to change part numbers on older stuff and then discontinue them. Noticed that before with cam part numbers.

• Like 1