K and n airbox filter

'Adapter rings' ? ? ? A picture would help. Surely you don't adapt a filter to match a pipe - you adapt the carb with DJ kit to work with pipe and filter.

Generally for a pipe and K&N filter, a DJ stage 3 would be good as the filter airflow is not massively less than using twin pods.

If I remember right, large ring is stage 1 and small ring is stock. Try throwing the larger ring in it and see how it responds, assuming you already rejetted it to stage 1. Was this new old stock somewhere that you found? I don't think K&N even makes these kits anymore.

10 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

'Adapter rings' ? ? ? A picture would help. Surely you don't adapt a filter to match a pipe - you adapt the carb with DJ kit to work with pipe and filter.

Generally for a pipe and K&N filter, a DJ stage 3 would be good as the filter airflow is not massively less than using twin pods.

It's an adapter ring that goes on the intake side of the airbox before the filter. I haven't seen one in years, but I remember K&N supplied them. I think the smaller ring would reduce the air flow so you could use it with stock jetting. Not really sure how much it was actually needed vs K&N marketing hype.

Thanks for your help,yes the filter came with the bike years ago when I bought it but I put twin k and n filters on it and never used this filter or air box until now.  I'm rebuilding the bike with the original air box and said filter so was unsure.Done more searching and seems these velocity rings work as small one stock,larger internal diameter ring modified so sounds about correct from the replies.many thanks for all help.