Mk2 gsx750f naked build, gauge clusters. Help?

Aftermarket gauges... so I'm doing a naked build and the one thing I'm unsure about is gauges. I was just going to paint the back of the existing dash display black and make a bracket to mount it to the yoke, but it's pretty wide (1998 model). I'm not too concerned about having a fuel gauge as we have a reserve and I never had a fuel gauge on previous bikes (even the slightly newer gs500).
So who's made a cafe/bobber/rat or any other naked variant and what did you do for gauges? I heard of one guy who cut some of his old fairing and used the original clocks, which is an interesting idea. If you see this, can you make contact so I can ask you about it?
Otherwise, any recommendations of displays you've used that don't look trash? Or any from other naked bikes that could be retrofitted, bearing in mind the 98 model has the speed pickup on the front sprocket and no analogue cables.
Thanks in advance
9 minutes ago, wraith said:

MK2 bandit clocks 

Yeah I've been looking at those. Probably the most desirable option and it is basically a bandit. I know the sprocket ratio is the same but the bandit rear wheel is different, won't that throw off the speedo?

Try the 600 mk2 bandit clocks,  though I don't think there would be much if any difference in how the speedo reads the signal it's more likely to be off due to the difference in final drive ratios is how fast the output shaft is spinning , the 600 clocks will also have a higher redline to suit your 750 engine :D the bandit 600 and the gsxf both use a 4.5 x 17 with a 150/70/17 rear wheel as std btw

Edited by DAZ
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, DAZ said:

Try the 600 mk2 bandit clocks,  though I don't think there would be much if any difference in how the speedo reads the signal it's more likely to be off due to the difference in final drive ratios is how fast the output shaft is spinning , the 600 clocks will also have a higher redline to suit your 750 engine :D

It reads the front sprocket, same size front sprocket equals same speed reading. A bigger rear wheel, however, would mean the bike is going faster than what the speedo says. 

28 minutes ago, Maverik said:

It reads the front sprocket, same size front sprocket equals same speed reading. A bigger rear wheel, however, would mean the bike is going faster than what the speedo says. 

Or if the final drive is different as it will spin the rear wheel at a slightly different speed ..... Just checked and 15/45 for b12  , 15/47 for b6  and the gsxf750 is 15/45 , tbh I can't see Suzuki San altering anything to prevent the 600 over reading slightly 3.133:1 (600) vs 3:1 (1200) 

Edited by DAZ
Addition
5 minutes ago, DAZ said:

Or if the final drive is different as it will spin the rear wheel at a slightly different speed ..... Just checked and 15/45 for b12  , 15/47 for b6  and the gsxf750 is 15/45 , tbh I can't see Suzuki San altering anything to prevent the 600 over reading slightly 3.133:1 (600) vs 3:1 (1200) 

Yeah b12 is the same as the 750, I know that much. But wheels do have an effect. Like putting bigger wheels on a car will cause slower acceleration but a higher speed than the speedo says.

I know all speedos are usually about 10% out and they usually under read compared to GPS but I don't want to get in trouble going faster than I think I am. 

Ok, this running off the front sprocket bit is a pain if you're not running the standard gearing. 

So, get some MK1 b6 or b12 clocks. Remove the Speedo internal for the clock housing and fit a GPS Speedo in there, just like @fatblokeonbandit did (y) 

Speedo will be right no matter what the gearing. 

The rev counter will just plug and play same with the idiot lights, and if you use the b12 MK1 clocks you keep the same red line on the clock face as the gsxf750 and you also keep a fuel gauge.

1 hour ago, wraith said:

Ok, this running off the front sprocket bit is a pain if you're not running the standard gearing. 

So, get some MK1 b6 or b12 clocks. Remove the Speedo internal for the clock housing and fit a GPS Speedo in there, just like @fatblokeonbandit did (y) 

Speedo will be right no matter what the gearing. 

The rev counter will just plug and play same with the idiot lights, and if you use the b12 MK1 clocks you keep the same red line on the clock face as the gsxf750 and you also keep a fuel gauge.

I like it. Do you know the diameter of the clocks? I see round GPS speedos in different sizes