40RS MIKUNIS

I recently brought a frame kit fitted with a 1135 motor which has been standing for a few years someone had started to put nitrous on it and it had a packer under the barrels, which I have removed both, my question is what are the general opinions of running a set of the above carbs on these motors? am I really wasting my time for general road use and should be looking to fit a set of say 36mm cv as I have a spare pair in the shed.

40s aren't gonna give you much bottom end or mid range. I run RS38s on a stock 1127 engine and it's quite boring to ride around town, really wants to be opened up. I'd totally throw a set of RS40s on a spare bike that was only going to be ridden fast, but if I was going to ride the bike every day or commute on it, I'd go with RS36 or RS38. Carb size really depends on what you're plans are for the bike. 36 CVs will give you good all around rideability, but are a bit on the small side.

• Like 1

A M8 with a nicely tuned Blandit 1216 tried my FCR41's - made stonking power but was an absolute bitch to ride on the road - like a racehorse pulling a milk float! I gave him some RS36's from an old race bike and it was 'Night & Day' difference - lost a bit of power (10 - 12hp) but gained a whole heap of torque right through the mid-range, back to lifting the wheel on demand through 3 & 4th - V Happy boy now!

• Like 1