Gsx1250 clocks on to MK2 b12

• wraith changed the title to Gsx1250 clocks on to MK2 b12
1 hour ago, Upshotknothole said:

I'm not sure if those 1250s were canbus or not. If it's canbus, they won't work. If they still had a traditional harness and computer, they might work. Try and find a wiring diagram and see what the pin out is to the clocks.

Screenshot_20240525-213305.thumb.png.ac28620dec4c7de0cd44444db357527e.png

I will see if I can find a diagram.

Think I saw someone on here at some point with a set of later gsxr ones fitted to a oil cooled bike ? 

Yeah, I have no idea when Suzuki started transitioning to canbus with their bikes. European bikes did it pretty early, but Suzuki has always been pretty cheap. I read that early 1250s weren't canbus, but don't know about the later ones.

I found a picture of half the wiring diagram from a 07-14 650/1250 Haynes manual, and all the idiot lights are individually wired, and there are two wires for the speed sensor, but not sure about tach. It might work, but see if you can find the rest of the diagram to see for sure. I remember with my old Trumpet, when the wire for the canbus to the instruments got damaged, I still had all the idiot lights and speedo, but no tach and lost some of the other functions.

Screenshot2024-05-25at1_49_50PM.png.2c53db79eca836632ec20e76770ebb6c.png

• Like 1

Theyre not canbus so you'll get them to work easy enough. Only sticking point might be the gear position indicator, you might need some trickery to keep the ABS light off too.

I had K2 clocks on my old EFE and they were simple enough to get going

• Like 3

@wraithYou do know there's digital clocks fitted to some of the oil cooled K6 bandits?

Suzuki must have started running out of the mk.2 clocks and started using the bandit 1250 digital clocks. Some have "bandit 1200" and some have just "bandit" written in chrome on the speedo.

I have a digital k6 set along with my.2 loom, alternator and crank signal plate on a mk.1 engine withoutput shaft drilled for speedo sensor. 

• Like 2