Hi all. I moved from UK to South Africa last Aug. Trying to import my bikes from the UK has been a nightmare...long story. In the meantime I have just bought a gsf750 ( bandit in all but name) as a runaround.  It was cheap,and I'm a suzuki man at heart. I've read that these make 77hp ( 600 territory near enough) and a 112mph speed restriction due to being a Japanese home market bike originally. From what I gather ,it uses the long stroke GSXR750 motor,like the inazuma, but they make 86hp....any ideas how I can get to those figures cheaply ,is it cdi or maybe speedo induced restricted that I can bypass? Thanks for any help

The bandit 750 is restricted through a resistance value from the neutral switch. Think gears 1, 2, 3 and 4 are unrestricted. Gears 5 and 6 resistance won't let cdi reach full rev range. A resistor spliced in on the pink wire  ( I think, was years sgo when I did it) to the cdi fool the cdi by keeping the resistance down on 5 and 6 and allowing full rev range.

• Like 3
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dinger1967 said:

Wraith, I wonder if a 600 cdi would cure it....they share same stroke so maybe redline is the same ?

If it has the same plugs, it will work.  some have the wider 3mm pins and the latter ones have the smaller pins and I don't know what yours would have, you'd have to have a look. 

But if it has this strange wire it may not help? I can't answer that, don't suppose you know anyone over there who has a b6 you could try there CDI ?

I was running a 750 CDI on a b6 I built.

Edited by wraith

A quick look on Eblag and the CDIs look the same with the same plug shapes. Couldn't see the actual pins on the 750 CDI to tell for sure. A search for a GSF750 wiring diagram was useless. Pull your CDI off and compare it to 600 CDIs on Eblag and see if the pins look the same. Another option would be a GSX750F CDI, but they seem to go for about twice what the bandit 600 CDIs are going for.

Wraith , I may have an old gsxf 750 cdi knocking about in my container , just gotta get it here. Don't see so many B⁶s about here,but there again they're not everywhere like they used to be in the UK.  See a lot of Hardly Movingsons and ADV bikes here.....no accounting for tastes lol. I think it's just one of those things I've gotta play around with...I hate any restrictions on any bike....

• Like 1