7/12 carb and filter options

Anyone done a 7/12 in a Slabby frame? 

Wondering what to do about air filters. I spoke to Suzuki Perf spares who said K&N’s would be squashed and recommended Pipercross filters. I’m after the dual ones and not singles.

I do have a 750J air box that looks like it may fit with some hacking about.

IMG_4061.jpeg

IMG_3732.jpeg

I'd try the air box if dual pods won't work for you, might look more original/sleeper if that's your aim , I'm sure you could cut and shut it without too much hassle, either plastic weld it with a soldering iron or maybe some sort of glue.... Mek maybe as a few on here have used it to repair panel's though that was making some kind of filler iirc heck even pop rivets and silicone if it's out of sight, though that bike looks too nice for that kind of bodgery :tu

What carbs and carb rubbers are you using? This will make a difference as to where the carbs sit in the frame. One positive is the 750 slabby engine is relatively tall compared to the slingshot 750s so you may not be miles out from where the original carbs sat.

I’m using the standard bandit rubbers and carbs.

The engine fitted but it was a tight squeeze -I had to have about 8mm machined off the breather cover that bolts to the rocker cover to stop the tank snagging. 

All of my K&Ns on slingshots have been squashed and it's never been an issue. Other option is pull the rubbers from a bandit air box and fit RamAir filters over them. I run those on all my RS carbs, but then need something to slide over, so you'll need the rubbers.

GSXR (and 750 teapot??) rubbers are 5mm shorter so bring the carbs closer to the head. But if everything is on, by the description I agree with Upshot - find some of the rubbers that attach the carbs to the airbox and use these as bellmouths in order to mount Ramair dual filters. Or source some actual bellmouths and use them to mount the filters.