1981 GS550L Clutch push rod

I was continuing to work on my clutch but I noticed that there is an oil leak coming from the Clutch Push Rod and Oil Seal (Blue Arrow).

clutchpushrob.thumb.jpg.e31c1efd47b616ba3896077f14ef6fe0.jpg

The clutch push rod looks worn and even has a scratch in it. I found that I could stop the leak by pulling the rod out past the wear spot. So it seems that I need a replacement.

clutchpushrobsch.jpg.f71e4ef5d6eb2b05f137a94642cb35dc.jpg

However no one seems to have a replacement. OEMs have the seal (22) but not the metal push rod (21). Am I missing something. Is a rod and rod and I just need to find the correct dia and length? or am I just going to have to play the waiting game for something to show up on Eblag.

Google the part number and do some research. You'll find that Suzuki superceded this part with a two-piece item on later bikes which I believe fits. I had the same problem on my GS425 which uses the same pushrod.

https://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-gs550l-1985-f-usa-e03_model16036/partslist/BLCK0008.html

I've been looking around and I've bought one of each part for future use.

However, as an alternative, my bike has a piece of hardened and polished steel rod, same diameter, cut to length and the ends rounded. It has been fine for the last 4 years and 5000 miles.

The bit I've got was intended for fitting to sliding doors, but you can find it in various places.