Gsxr1000 k4 frame dimensions

Is anyone able to measure a frame for me, or does anyone know of a technical drawing for the frame?

I need to known the top shock mount on the frame (not the shock eye, where the adjustable mount bolts on) in relation to the swingarm pivot, and where the lower link mounts to the frame.

Either measurements for the 3 sides of the triangle, like this

20231011_103923.thumb.jpg.820f0b7af687c8f3211ba60c86bc80dc.jpg

Or distance between the top and bottom mount and then how far up that line and how far away the pivot is, like this

20231011_104000.thumb.jpg.bad29c18d18737257fb3831643294342.jpg

Needs to be for a 1000 as I'm using that shock.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, TLRS said:

Such data is hard to find. Most accurate thing might be that drawing.

It does seem to be!

I wasn't sure if the drawing would be to scale. I also wasn't sure how accurate I'd need to be. I could make the mounts, eyeball it comparing to the drawing, maybe try and scale some measurements, should be able to get it within 10mm I'd guess.

Either that, or buy a frame. Either a bent one, or a good one and sell it again after.

4 minutes ago, TLRS said:

Are you only using the shock, none of the other bits in that drawing?

I am probably going to use the cushion linkage and shock. The arm im using isnt suzuki, but was on a k4 and used all the stock k4 stuff.

I can't use stock slingshot stuff as it doesn't clear the arm, and the dogbone angle would be way off.

So I need to make lower and upper frame mounts to use the k4 stuff.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Joseph said:

My next door neighbour has a K3 1000, if thats any good he'll definitely let me fondle it's back end for you xD

I'm not sure I can be a part of what you all get up to, but if it ends up with some usable measurements, then you can all do whatever you wish within the privacy of your own garages :D

30 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Haha. Thanks xD

I'm just wondering whether K3 and K4 is the same ? If so i'll have a look at his bike

I think they are. I've seen frames advertised as k3/k4.

Not sure how easy it will be to measure on a complete bike, but even a bit of a stab at it with a guesstimate at the accuracy of the numbers would help. It all let's me know if I'm even close.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Basel said:

Just seen this

Ive got a partial stripped K3 1000 in the garage, same as K4.

Prompt me tomorrow if I ain’t measured and I’ll get to it. 

It's ok, I just bought a k3 frame on Eblag this evening!

I figured with a frame in front of me, I can make a jig too. 

• 3 months later...

Hi Graeme, do you have the measurements you were looking for?

I'd also like to know the measurements from your top diagram (top shock mount, swingarm centre and lower link attachment centre) except that I need the top shock eye centre measurement rather than the Y screw mount.

Cheers mate :)

On 1/26/2024 at 8:23 PM, Senlisien said:

Hi Graeme, do you have the measurements you were looking for?

I'd also like to know the measurements from your top diagram (top shock mount, swingarm centre and lower link attachment centre) except that I need the top shock eye centre measurement rather than the Y screw mount.

Cheers mate :)

Blue one eye to eye 295mm green one eye to eye 130mm and red one eye to eye 180mm approximately on my K1. 

IMG_20240128_132759.jpg

Edited by clivegto

Now that I have this in front of me and my brain is working, I've realised I need another 2 measurements...

Could you get the front sprocket centre to lower link frame attachment centre and the FS to swingarm centre distances ? 

Those triangular measurements can rotate around the swingarm axis so I need an anchor.

Edited by Senlisien
Extra information required in the post
On 1/29/2024 at 9:32 PM, Senlisien said:

Now that I have this in front of me and my brain is working, I've realised I need another 2 measurements...

Could you get the front sprocket centre to lower link frame attachment centre and the FS to swingarm centre distances ? 

Those triangular measurements can rotate around the swingarm axis so I need an anchor.

Not really no. But approximately 180mm & 125mm.