Big bore?

Qwik

That was one of the initial problems I had. As I had neglected to install the ground to the engine cases. We ran an automotive battery that we had sitting close by thinking my battery was weak because it hadn’t been on charge much for the winter. It is now grounded very solidly. And still have the same issue of no spark. 

Engine turns over strong. With a plug in one of the coils. And grounded to the engine. It has zero spark. I have tried with ether and regular fuel. And still nothing.

I’m worried that the initial try where we had hooked up the car battery might’ve fried the pulse generator. Is that possible? Truly appreciate your help.

With ignition on have you checked power to coils , CDI ,etc and stupid stuff like side stand switch , clutch switch - though that's grasping as it wouldn't turn over if they were causing an issue , is it possible to check the pulse generator coil ? Should 135-200ohms according to some info I found on line hth 

I'm at a loss if you've got good power to the coils then they're not getting the fire signal so apart from the signal generator and CDI I've no idea sorry maybe someone with a better grasp of electrics will chip in :S

On 6/11/2024 at 12:54 AM, george 1100 said:

Sounds like either a CDI or earth problem. Test spark with an old plug first to eliminate chinesium spark plug possibility then go from there

Fresh plugs. Tried new ngks. No spark on any cylinder.

Edited by Qwik