Help adapting K7 GSXR1k shock to my MK1 Bandit 600

gummy

Hello everyone!  I have a 1996 Bandit 600 that desperately needed a suspension refresh.  I got a progressive spring kit, 10wt fork oil, and some preload-adjustable fork caps.

Like the title says I got a 2007 GSXR1000 OEM shock for the rear, which bolts straight up just with some clearancing of the battery tray for the shock reservoir.  However, the height difference is a lot more significant than I expected.  I had to compress the shock about 1-2mm just to get the swingarm attached at its full extension.

I believe the OEM shock is about 300mm long with a 55mm stroke, and the new shock is 315mm long with a 70mm stroke.  I know jacking the rear up a little can quicken up the handling but I am concerned this is a little much.  I also cannot get the rear wheel back on without lifting the bike off the ground because the swingarm is sitting so low, and the bike is on its center stand.

Shorter dogbones or no?

Thanks all in advance!

The only trubble with the CBR shock is 

1 it's Gurls blouse CBR enough said xD

2 the canister is a hassle to cut and shut undertray on a b6/b12 

The best one is the GSXR next to nothing to fit it only minor cutting of under tray as you can see in pictures the canister goes rite into battery box 

20220924_134757.jpg

20220924_133147.jpg

Edited by MrKris