Early 1052 U704 with BST38SS

Hi there,

i got an U704 1052ccm with BST38SS Carbs but don't know what Jets to use.

I saw the FactoryPro CRB-S21-3.0 kit but that kit is developed to fit an 1127ccm.

Is anyone running these Carbs on a early model 1052ccm and could tell me what to mod on these carbs?

i thought about #145 mains but not sure about it, because i never did any changes to my carbs on other bikes.  

for the 1127ccm it is 

Pilot jet: #32.5 (stock)
Needle: 0985h-64t2
needle clip: /2
float level: 15mm
main jet: #152.5
mj im kit: #152.5, #155
fuel screws: 3 turns out
slide holes: close 1 and maybe drill it to 1.5mm

Welcome to OSS 

Pics of your bike is always nice ;)

You'd probably have to do some tweaks to the jetting anyway depending on the exhaust you're running. 

Try just using 145 to 150 main jets and 3 to 3 1/2 turns out of the pilot jets and see how that runs ;)

• Like 1

so 'lil update from me. 

got a look to my bought bike with the 1052ccm and BST38SS carbs.

Someone did somthing to the carbs, but my feeling on the bike told me that isn't done right. It drives ok but on high RPM with full throtle it got rough and weak in Power. 

I think it went lean at about 8 to 9k RPM. You feel the bike wants to go and in the next moment its weak.

The carbs already got #140 mains. I'll order #150's to test what will change and i'll close 1 of the 3 slider holes to get a harder more acurate moment.

If anyone has ideas just tell me :) 

and@wraithyou asked for pictures here you go. Thats streetlegal in germany with the worldwide known TÜV (vehicle inspection company you have to go all 2years and have to go if you change anything on your vehicle like wider rim, remove the farings, change the headlight, cut on the subframe, mount an other handlebar ....)

Download.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...