Mikuni RS36 on 1100N

Mutley

On 7/18/2023 at 6:37 AM, Mutley said:

Very nice...where do you purchase these then fella...?

Got to make life much easier.

And no frame issues...as mine is in a hardtail frame...so got more room above the carbs...but have a single top tube...so a side mount could make life much simpler...:tu

Right side linkage shaft:
MIKUNI P/N : 700-17012
Sudco P/N : 002-9005

The shaft itself is all you need to buy as it just relocates the existing parts.

Edited by WeirdJimmy
added info
  • 10 months later...

Update...all fitted...used Bandit inlet rubbers...velocity stacks and air socks...

...and she is like a different bike...loads more stomp...worked pretty much out of the box...(y)

My only concern now...is how the hell do you get to the balancer outlets once they are on the bloody bike...:S...as the ones for 2 and 3 are down tight behind the engine...:o

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Update...all fitted...used Bandit inlet rubbers...velocity stacks and air socks...

...and she is like a different bike...loads more stomp...worked pretty much out of the box...(y)

My only concern now...is how the hell do you get to the balancer outlets once they are on the bloody bike...:S...as the ones for 2 and 3 are down tight behind the engine...:o

You balance flat slides off the bike. Use a small drill bit under the slide to make sure they're all even, adjuster is under the cap.

On 6/22/2024 at 7:00 PM, Upshotknothole said:

You balance flat slides off the bike. Use a small drill bit under the slide to make sure they're all even, adjuster is under the cap.

OK...but they also have outlets for a set of carb balancers...and this has to be done on the bike surely...?

55 minutes ago, Mutley said:

OK...but they also have outlets for a set of carb balancers...and this has to be done on the bike surely...?

Nope, the adjusters are under the tops of the carbs, kinda hard to adjust with the bike running. RS carbs are supposed to be balanced on a work bench, not on the bike.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

It may be hard / tricky to do, but adjustment whilst running can be done and ultimately each will be better balanced to the cylinder it is attached to! As said, that  why they have vacuum ports!

Yeah, I've always been lazy and called the bench sync good enough. Maybe one of these days I'll attempt it if they're still noticeably off with the bike running.

The manual that came with my RS carbs telly you to bench sync before installing to get them in the ballpark, and then use a vacuum gauge to set them while running.

Those little carb top screws can be really hard to find if you drop one. Ask me how I know.