Clutch Slave Cylinder...from what bike!

Hi All,

I bought a TLR as a basket case, putting it back together I came across two slave cylinders.

They both look the same and both fit but one has a bore of 34mm and the other 36mm. I have found out that the 34mm one was for a TLR but do you know what bike the 36mm one came from?

Getting a repair kit for the 36mm one may give me an option of how the clutch feels combined with the master cylinder.

Many thanks,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, TheAlchemist said:

I dont have a clue, only the piston size I can go on. The only thing I know for sure is the 34 one is for the TLR all years. 

Hoping to find someone with one on a shelf that can check and let me know. Maybe  GSXR1000?

Many thanks,

Andy

Post up some photos of it. That should at least help with guessing what bike it came off of. I've got slaves off of 1127 engines and an early 00s bandit in the garage. It's probably the same as one of those if it came off an oil cooled bike other than a slabbie. The second gen bandits, early busas, first gen GSXR 750s, and powerscreen 1100s all share the same clutch cylinder, so it's likely that or the one that came on the oil and water cooled GSXR 1100s, and the RF900s.

• Like 1

Suzuki used two slave cylinders on lots of bikes for years, the rebuild kits are only about $20 here in the states from All Balls. Probably the best bet. Here are what they fit and photos of the parts.

One fits the following bikes (allegedly)

Slave Cylinder Rebuild Kit - Clutch Suzuki GSF1200 Bandit 01-05, GSX1100F 88-93, GSXR1300R Hayabusa 99-01, GSXR750 86-87

18-6022

And the other fits these bikes.

Slave Cylinder Rebuild Kit - Clutch Suzuki GSF1200 Bandit 97-00, GSX1100G 91-93, GSXR1100 86-98, GSXR1300R Hayabusa 02-03, RF900R 94-97

18-6025

All of mine are currently in complete systems, so can't really get a view of the piston to compare to yours. Maybe contact All Balls or someone else that makes the rebuild kits?

Hi, 

Thanks for the info, I have been working my way through Robinson Foundry double checking the part numbers. Found someone on Eblag with just a seal, Trying to get information from them so I can get a complete kit.

Ill post up what I find out, for others having the same issue...if any!!

Andy