Mk1 2000 Bandit Oil Line Leak at Rad

Hey everyone, project Bandit coming along nicely brakes and handling sorted...looking good sounding good... 

I've got a weap of oil coming from the clutch side oil line to the cooler... (obvs)... 

When i put the cooler on there was no gasket and no o ring, this is the later version that enters from the inside out of the rad, not straight up from the bottom... 

Is it supposed to have a gasket or o ring, I cannot find a drawing of that variation... 

Hope everything is good with you guys and everyone is enjoying their bikes in thr good weather. 

Hi. I've had mk1s, MK2 bandit 1200. All have had o rings in the coolers. Probably best to split the hose and cooler and see if the o ring is in there, may be missing or damaged. Think the genuine ones are recommended as best. About £5 each from Suzuki. I usually clean everything up and use some Hylomar gasket sealer on the joint. 

images (11).jpeg

4 hours ago, geogsxr said:

Hi. I've had mk1s, MK2 bandit 1200. All have had o rings in the coolers. Probably best to split the hose and cooler and see if the o ring is in there, may be missing or damaged. Think the genuine ones are recommended as best. About £5 each from Suzuki. I usually clean everything up and use some Hylomar gasket sealer on the joint. 

images (11).jpeg

Hey George, no O Ring recess on my rad George, as I said the 2000 Mk1 seems to angle in from the middle instead of going straight up, and I can't find a pick with an O Ring....suzuki dealer call tomoz lol

1 hour ago, TonyGee said:

the O ring is in the pipe fitting, it has a recess for it.  

There isn't a recess on mine, there is a chamfer on the inlet..... Thanks for all your assist..... Would be amazing to see the right fiche... Make sure km getting thr right part... This gentle weep of oil is driving me mental. 

30 minutes ago, BikeJake said:

There isn't a recess on mine, there is a chamfer on the inlet..... Thanks for all your assist..... Would be amazing to see the right fiche... Make sure km getting thr right part... This gentle weep of oil is driving me mental. 

you can see the recess where the O ring fits in this pic. 

GSF1200 Bandit Oil Cooler Pipes Lines Hoses Genuine Suzuki 1997-2000 A587 | Eblag

Just now, BikeJake said:

Roger that Tony.... I must be going blind. 

Is it coming for them to be missing entirely? 

Ordering up new O rings tomoz. 

if they are missing they will leak. someone hasn't noticed it missing when the pipe has been fitted.