Bst38ss

Bst38ss mikuni carbs on a 91 750. While trying to reinstall the carbs I pressed and snapped the male end of this fitting into the hose. After searching all over I've found out that this hose is called the powerjet hose.
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement fitting for this? Pic included. Also how do I remove this fitting? The first picture isnof the lower fitting that is a mirror of the upper.

On 4/18/2023 at 12:50 PM, rideordive2ss said:

Bst38ss mikuni carbs on a 91 750. While trying to reinstall the carbs I pressed and snapped the male end of this fitting into the hose. After searching all over I've found out that this hose is called the powerjet hose.
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement fitting for this? Pic included. Also how do I remove this fitting? The first picture isnof the lower fitting that is a mirror of the upper.

Depending on where in the world you are and how the carbs have been tuned, they very might well be blocked off with 0 jets in the float bowls. The fittings are known to break and I think you have to replace the whole float bowl. I’ve got one carb with a broken fitting on my 750 and it has the hose blocked off. They’re only there for fine tuning of the carbs in smaller increments when still running an air box. 

• Like 1

best bet is to plug it. the powerjets are only useful if you are running a full std airbox.

the idea being that at high revs the negative pressure pulls some additional fuel up the powerjet and dumps it into the inlet. 

if you are running filters seperate, i would block it off. 

Thank you all for the answers. Couldn't find a replacement fitting so I cut down a fuel t and drilled into the oe fitting then JB'd it to the fitting.   I am in Canada as of now  and didn't know what the diff would be if I plugged it  but all 4 carbs have the power jet hose so I decided just to fix the brake20230419_192424.thumb.jpg.1a25a55c80eb8bd17ee199bbbd01c76a.jpg

• Like 2