PILOT SCREW SETTING

PHILB

please can anyone help, i have just stripped & cleaned my carbs only to find that my pilot screws are all set to different turns out, i think they should all be set at 3 turns out but im not sure, should i put them back to the settings they were set to before [i marked the settings]they were at or should i try them all the same 3 turns out, it was ticking over ok before, or should i set them once back on the bike, turning each one at a time turning until the highest tick over with each is reached & then adjusting with the tick over screw,but this is obviously more difficult i.e. getting to the screws ect,  can anyone advise, thanks:)

i thought that maybe the case tony, normaly there all set the same from manufactures arent they 2 1/2 - 3 turns out, would you personaly recomend putting them back to manufactures settings or should i put them back how someone else set them do you think, or would i be better reajusting them according to manual ? manual say`s adjust each in turn turning the screw until the highest revs are achieved then reajusting the tick over one at a time, i dont have a colour tuner & i wouldnt know how to use one anyway,thanks for your advice tony

1 hour ago, DAZ said:

Colour tune is a simple device, a see through spark plug! As you adjust the pilot screw the colour of the burn changes from lean to rich never used one on a bike but did on cars 

Great devices for older bikes / cars - absolute PITA for a multi cylinder bike or anything with deep plug holes as you just can't see Jack! Can you imagine trying to do a CBX ! ! ! 

• Like 1
On 2/22/2023 at 10:42 AM, Gixer1460 said:

Great devices for older bikes / cars - absolute PITA for a multi cylinder bike or anything with deep plug holes as you just can't see Jack! Can you imagine trying to do a CBX ! ! ! 

ill have to try the bible way, maybe the best, cheer`s anyway mate