Lower case removal

Jdeac

Got all excited putting it all back together. But ta da. Gears cycle nicely now its all torqued up. Sorry for no pics 

Need to sort some beer tokens and contact @Gsxrsamfor a new lockup back plate. Speak soon.

The old one is buggered 

Need a couple of gaskets and get the clutch in.

But all in all I'm quite happy with myself for doing it. I'll be on the look out for a good bandit gearbox to have properly worked for strength etc.

But a big thanks to @davecaraon the end of the phone so to speak. Very patient you are lol. And to all above for all input.

Proof is in the testing so when it's all back together in the bike. I'll be off testing my work. Fingers crossed.

And thanks again all OSS ALL THE WAY

• Like 2

@inmateyes I did. Three bond 1215. Sell it in riders if you have one local. In black and grey. Very thin spear. Was advised to go real carefull around the shells. 

Also note the dowels on the output shaft and clutch shaft. In the 2 big bearing.

Follow the sequence for bolting down the lower case around the crank. The 12mm head bolts and the 2 6mm Allen's by the oil filter. It's in the book as 6mm and 8mm but this is the shank diamiter.

Wish I hadn't got carried away and done more pics. 

IMG-20221006-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20221006-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20221006-WA0005.jpg

20221006_135357.jpg

• Like 2

I found it handy to put all bolts into some empty cases. If you have any. Then when I was finished I checked the empty cases split. Showing I had everything back in order. Then double checked torque on bolts/ 2 allens and the 2 small nuts.

Not done this before. And taking time and keeping things clean was a big help. Again this was advice from members above

• Like 2