Oil cooler blank?

Quick question which I can’t find the answer too. 

Currently I run a bypass consisting of some 90° Banjo fittings and a silicone pipe which is unsightly and a potential leak point. 

Is it possible to simply put bolts into the oil cooler pipe holes on the sump to blank it off? Without causing any oil flow issues. 

My original rationale for bypassing it and not blanking it was not causing any issues with oil not being able to get where it needs to after the cooler. But the bypass is becoming annoying day to day now. 

(before anyone says why the hell would you want to. This is a drag motor that sees use in anger for 9 seconds all being well) 

cheers 

Matt. 

0725E8E1-785E-45F7-A5A3-44B734352B05.jpeg

• Like 1

Simple answer NO! All oil designed to go through cooler before bearings so you effectively starve everything. With some careful measuring, cutting and welding, you could cut the elbows down to the straight bit, turn to face each other and weld a sleeve over the two - short, neat and inconspicuous! 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bluedog59 said:

+1.

That hose just looks like it's asking for trouble.

The hose was a temp measure to get me out the shit last season. It wasn’t even jubileed in the pic. To be fair… it did last haha. But yeah. Totally agree a neater solution can be done. 

was just wondering if it could be simply capped off but it seems not.