Advice needed, engine has packed up

Joseph

Hey !

I tried 2 other identical ECUs with no success the other day (before i replaced the coil loom that i thought had solved the issue fully), so i ruled out the ECU ?

I have just checked continuity from the coil wires engine side to the coil ECU plug on the ECU side and it checks out 

:|

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Hey !

I tried 2 other identical ECUs with no success the other day (before i replaced the coil loom that i thought had solved the issue fully), so i ruled out the ECU ?

I have just checked continuity from the coil wires engine side to the coil ECU plug on the ECU side and it checks out 

:|

have you looked for Gremlins ???   them fuckers get everywhere o.O   

Right, well, after testing 2 other sets of coils, testing 2 other COP looms, and 2 other ECUs, AND checking that all the wires apparently have continuity, i still had no sparks on 1 and 4.

So today i unwrapped half the loom from the back, up to the coil plug under the tank, replaced everything from that plug to the ECU with uninterrupted new wires and as it stands it is back to normal use.

I'm guessing there was a breakage or some kind of issue in the previous set up, i must say i spliced and soldered an OE loom to suit my new apparatus layout, so maybe something vibrated off or corroded slightly.

It's probably going to be dead when i try it out tomorrow but until then xD

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Joseph said:

Right, well, after testing 2 other sets of coils, testing 2 other COP looms, and 2 other ECUs, AND checking that all the wires apparently have continuity, i still had no sparks on 1 and 4.

So today i unwrapped half the loom from the back, up to the coil plug under the tank, replaced everything from that plug to the ECU with uninterrupted new wires and as it stands it is back to normal use.

I'm guessing there was a breakage or some kind of issue in the previous set up, i must say i spliced and soldered an OE loom to suit my new apparatus layout, so maybe something vibrated off or corroded slightly.

It's probably going to be dead when i try it out tomorrow but until then xD

Had to be the wiring after you eliminated all possibilities. lets hope it all works out, wiring gremlins suck ass.

• Like 2