Japanese GSXR 1100

Guy at work said he has a Japanese import GSXR 1100M for sale. The bikes in bits and im just after the engine, figure its a good way of increasing the power of my bike (its got a 1200 bandit lump). Does anyone know how to tell which country a bike came from? Ive asked for the engine and VIN numbers. My fear is its a French model or something like that which is restricted. 

Edited by slabsideB12Kent
I didn't hit the follow tab
20 minutes ago, slabsideB12Kent said:

Guy at work said he has a Japanese import GSXR 1100M for sale. The bikes in bits and im just after the engine, figure its a good way of increasing the power of my bike (its got a 1200 bandit lump). Does anyone know how to tell which country a bike came from? Ive asked for the engine and VIN numbers. My fear is its a French model or something like that which is restricted. 

Motors are all the same spec iirc, its in ignition and carbs where restriction is

French GSXR oil cooled versions were restricted with spacers under the carb caps (preventing the slides full open travel)

And inside the exhaust header there were restrictors at the entry reducing the diameter of the pipes.

So in the case of a french bike basically with an aftermarket exhaust (who runs a stock one anyway) and 15 minutes on the carbs it's good to go with full HP, but i doubt there still exists a restricted oil cooled GSXR on the road in France anyway xD

Edited by Joseph
  • Like 3

So would that be a screw and nut rocker 1127 ?

I had a quick look, the part fiches indicate code E18 and E39 for the cylinder head (specific to switzerland and austria)

E04 (french code) appears for a specific exhaust header. Cannot find the carburetor microfiche to check the specifics but the french market didn't have a different cylinder head

• 1 month later...