Stainless bolt replacement advice???

smudge

19 hours ago, smudge said:

Okay I admit it I am obsessed with making my bike rust proof! Just had these made up. Stainless engine brackets.

IMG_20210529_162102_2.jpg

And all used in a 40 year old internally rusty frame - the mounts are sound, they'll just be attached to bits of tubular rust on the floor LOL!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

And all used in a 40 year old internally rusty frame - the mounts are sound, they'll just be attached to bits of tubular rust on the floor LOL!

LOL, no way man the frame is alloy , this bike will be buried with me and dug up in the future by aliens as good as  new .

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Spyder31 said:

I used Ti on anything larger than M6 including the front engine mounts and all fame fasteners, stainless on smaller fasteners. I use both Pro-Bolt and Race Bolt but prefer to use Race Bolt if they have what I need.

IMG-0305.jpg

IMG-0307.jpg

Yea, I'm pretty much doing the same, I've ordered in titanium bolts for the frame and engine mounts only really gonna use stainless for engine cases and anything that's not under pressure or stress, just makes maintenance so much easier , Christ I'm sick to the balls of having to drill out shite rusty fixings that have broken! And titanium looks class as well, thanks for the advice , appreciated.

IMG_20210604_140311_2.jpg

IMG_20210604_135930_2.jpg

IMG_20210604_140241_1.jpg

Edited by smudge
  • Like 5