Should I be worried?

First time out after winter season today as most of the snow has gone.

Have only run the bike a few times over winter and never for a prolonged period. Whilst getting some photos before setting out I noticed a plume coming from the engine breather hanging below the engine. Photo is attached and a link to the video.

Not sure if it's oil smoke or steam (air cooled engine). I'm thinking either oil / combustion vapours / pressure getting past the rings or, if I'm lucky, steam from condensation in the engine after sitting in an unheated garage for 6 months with temperatures down at -20.

Was fresh oil and filter in the motor today.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Bike is an 85 GSX750ES.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-dVrwk9hsiuj4g-qr1mViVa8VrAAPUiM/view?usp=drivesdk

20210401_124240.jpg

20210401_143630.jpg

Yep definitely just condensation. 

When i rode my katana and gsx1100 as daily commute bikes all year round they would always billow out white "smoke" in the winter mornings for a short while up until they got warmed up

Edited by Joseph

I think we can put thsi one to bed, ran the bike again today and no more smoke / steam from the breather. Seems like it was condensation after all. 

Thanks for your help though.

54 minutes ago, Azov said:

dont know the answer but that bike looks brilliant mate 

Cheers, been a few years in the making from the hot mess that it was when I got it, quite pleased how its turned out. New 4 into 1 fitted now, which has dropped quite a bit of weight over the standard system. Shorter swingarm planned for next winter as I think the back wheel looks way to far back after everything else has been shortened. Will be interesting to see how it affects the handling. :-)